Wednesday 19 September 2012

Studio of Modé - The 21st Century Art!

Earlier this year, The Academy of Art University graduate, Mode Aderinokun, started what we now know as Studio of Modé. Mode is most commonly known for her amazing one-of-a-kind iPad skins and iPhone and blackberry cases (see pictures below) but also makes custom-made portraits, her "own" original artworks( acrylic, watercolor and oil paintings) and designs tote bags and table runners.
 When I asked Mode what the inspiration behind Studio of modé was, she said: 


"Nothing really inspired me to start my own business; I couldn't go into a company to do what I’m doing because there’s no one doing it. I just think it was the next step to take."

Mode has surprisingly only been drawing and painting for about 6-7 and 3 years respectively and says that being an artist is more than just talent; it involves hard work and a lot of practice . She describes herself as more of an impressionist artist who likes to add a little bit of her style to her art. Talking about her hopes and dreams for her business, Mode hopes more people come to know about Studio of Modé and it pushes boundaries. 


I (Tosin) am a huge fan of Mode's work and just got my very own Kike blue iPhone 4 cover a few weeks a ago which I love very dearly. I remember when I first came across her work, I was really impressed and thought ( and still think) she is so talented!  Mode was also sort of featured in my first post (check it out here)



Here are a few of Modé's artworks/products: 
Make sure you grab yourself one!!

iPad skins: 





iPhone 4/4S covers:







Macbook Pro and Air skins:





Blackberry Cases: 





Tote bag:





Original artwork:








Cross-section of Studio of modé's goods at Terra Kulture:



Great Job so far Mode!

To see more of her products, click here

To purchase any of Studio of Modé artworks:


Nigeria
Store: 
Terra Kulture (library)
Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Savage Street,
Lagos, Nigeria

Online:
 www.modechronicles.blogspot.co.uk/p/shop_28.html

Other countries ( UK, USA etc)
or 
email Mode on modechronicles[at]gmail[dot]com


Links:

Contact:
Email : modechronicles@gmail.com
Mobile: +2348133805172



                                                                 Mode!












No comments:

Post a Comment